Fri, 27 Mar|
[Cancelled] Gong Training with Martha Collard
Have you ever wished to play a gong? Now is your chance to spend 6 days surrounded by, and becoming one with, the sounds of the universe with Martha Collard of Red Doors Studio, Hong Kong!
Time & Location
27 Mar 2020, 9:30 am – 01 Apr 2020, 5:30 pm
Shuniya, 33a Hongkong St, Singapore 059672
About the event
In this hands-on workshop you will develop your ability to listen, to become one with the gong, to understand how to tap into and play the universal sound current. The workshop is suitable for all levels from the beginner who has never touched a gong but is interested to learn to those who have had some experience and wish to go the next level. If you own a gong, please bring it with you. If you wish to purchase a gong prior to the workshop contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice and assistance for your purchase.
Class size is limited to allow for optimum playing and practice time, and to ensure that there are enough gongs for training purposes. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Level 1 Basic Gong Training (3 days) - 27-29 March 2020
Knowledge and skills to play for yourself using standing and hand held gongs
A three day accelerated course in basic and intermediate techniques for playing the gong. No prior experience is required and the course is suitable for beginners as well as those who have some knowledge of, or exposure to playing. Gongs are provided, or you may bring your own. Contact us directly at email@example.com and we will gladly provide advice and recommendations of trusted suppliers. Remember to allow at least 2-3 weeks delivery time prior to the workshop.
In this workshop you will learn:
- History and lore of the gong
- How to approach a gong
- The power of intention / purpose
- Develop your ability to listen
- Basic techniques for one and two handed playing
- Understand the effects of playing different areas of the gong
- How to create a full experience of sound with rhythm, volume, and playing patterns.
- How to select and take care of your gong
- Overview of various ways of using the gong.
- Ethical considerations and responsibilities as a gong player
If you are a therapist, nurse, yogi or yoga teacher, musician, meditation teacher, naturopath, or energy healer these powerful instruments can augment and magnify your existing practices. When playing the gong, you benefit almost as much as the audience. Take this opportunity to learn for yourself, for others and for the community. By the end of the workshop you will have the knowledge and basic skills required for playing for yourself as well as for others. Upon completion you will receive a Certificate of Attendance issued by Red Doors Studio.
Level 2 Playing for Others (3 days) - 30 March - 1 April 2020
Leading gong relaxations for individuals and groups including understanding the science of sound and the application of gongs to elicit specific results. This workshop builds on the foundations laid in Level 1. In addition, you will learn how to prepare, structure, lead and close a transformational gong experience for individuals or a group.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will:
- Build confidence with the skills learned in Level 1
- Understand the basis of the science of sound as a therapeutic tool and its application using gongs
- Have a template to assess a client’s needs
- Know how to prepare yourself and the environment to achieve maximum effect
- Know how to structure a session with a particular intention through the choice of gong, meditation, mantra, mudra, posture
- Reinforce intuitive play and grounding practices while playing
- Understand how to use a gong during a yoga practice
- Level 1: $1000 (Early Bird) / $1300 (Regular) - inclusive of overnight gong puja
- Level 2: $1000 (Early Bird) / $1300 (Regular)
- Levels 1 & 2: $1900 (Early Bird) / $2400 (Regular) - inclusive of overnight